The Village Manager, Rob Larrea was appointed by the Village council in November of 2018.
Rob is a graduate of Central Michigan University and is a nationally certified planner. After 10 years at Garfield Township in Traverse City in Community Planning, Rob decided the Village of Suttons Bay was a perfect place to share his knowledge and experience. Rob is married to Kristin and has two children. In his spare time he coaches his son’s soccer team.
The Village manager's duties include, but are not limited to:
- The Village Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Village and is responsible to the Village President and Council for the efficient administration of all affairs of the Village and all departments except as that responsibility is explicitly delegated to another officer by the charter of the Village.
- Attend all meetings of the Village Council and its committees and to take part in such meetings without a vote.
- Be responsible for personnel management and administer such personnel policy as shall be applicable to Village employees.
- To hire, supervise, discipline, and discharge all village employees, including department heads, consistent with the budget and personnel policies adopted by the Village Council and to recommend the wages of all non-elected village employees.
- Prepare and administer the budget as provided for in the Uniform Budgeting and Accounting Act.
- Investigate complaints concerning the administration of the Village and at all times to have the authority to inspect the books, records and papers of any agent, employee or office of the Village except the Village Attorney; to make recommendations to the Council for adoption of such measures as the Village Manager shall deem in the best interest of the Village and to perform such other duties as shall be delegated by the Village Council.
Please feel free to contact the Village office to set an appointment if you have any questions or concerns. The manager can be reached at 231.271.3051, ext. 222 or by email at email@example.com